Saturday 9th and Monday 11th Dec Fixtures

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Good win for us today, started in the worst possible fashion going 1-0 down to a rebound off a saved penalty inside the opening 10 minutes, seemed a bit soft to me. Great reaction once we adapted to the windy conditions, managed to get a leveller before the break. I was expecting the flag to go up but thankfully it didn't and Hemmings was on hand to tap it home.

Second half was more of the same in the most part, managed to take the lead through a penalty of our own early and I felt very comfortable until the last 15 or so minutes when Burton pressed for a leveller, they came close on one occasion but otherwise never overly threatened.
Hope you got away ok - if you went, as the a38 is still shut.
Thanks for beating us - Ben has just sacked the prick.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I agree that we never looked like equalising, but you have to admit your style is pure grindball, just playing for the 1-0 with no serious attacking intent. It's been the natural Shrewsbury style of late, it's what Cotterill did, it's what you do now.

Anyway, you won fair and square with a goal against the run of play, so we move on. You also won the battle of the old boys since Pierre was MotM.
Shrewsbury the worst side we've played this season....which doesn't say much about us! They did, in fairness, scab a win against us that day but even their fans were saying they were dreadful.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
That takeover atmCarlisle has actually done some enormous damage and it’s a shame in a way privately it had gone through allowing work to begin but publically it wasn’t mentioned until Boxing Day to keep reality into perspective.

Carlisle always on paper has one of the weaker squads, then lost 3 of their forwards from last season and have had some right nasty injury problems.

The only thing that at least held them together was a hard working unity from manager to fanbase and fanbase to team which at least made us constantly hard to beat and kept close in games just needing a couple of additions to give us a chance if slim because financially our options were terrible.

…………then came the takeover.

And on one hand our budget has increase a lot, we will have a good 7-8 new players probably all L1 quality and higher which will help.

But the atmosphere has really turned for the worse and soured, played unity, effort and fight has dropped, the fanbase are getting now short tempered, have unrealistic expectations and demands…….pressure has been added and it’s all utterly collapsed.

Now I worry about a panic stricken January lumping us with a few ridiculously expensive players to appease the fanbase who don’t have the same heart or desire our players have had twice before with Simpson.

I’d rather an expectation that relegation is acceptable if it means we wait to get the right additions to improve us as time goes on than now rush and demand for 7-8 of the first team changed.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Just seen the highlights and the goal was clearly offside, but what can you do.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I think we’re as good as down now. Not even a good January window will save us we’re that bad.

The regression of this team over the past month or so has been frightening. Getting worse by the week. It’s too big an ask for 6 or 7 players to arrive in January, hit the ground running, gel and make us into a top half standard team over night. Because that’s what will need to happen to stand a chance. We’ll be bottom by January, god knows how many points adrift.

We are the worst team in this league, with a team assembled on our previous owners’ shoestring budget. Going down.

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury Town
Shrewsbury the worst side we've played this season....which doesn't say much about us! They did, in fairness, scab a win against us that day but even their fans were saying they were dreadful.
We know that many see us as an anti-football side but what we are doing is playing to our strengths using the diminishing resources that we have,11 injured out of a first team squad of 25.

We haven't got multi millionaire owners,just an 83 year old Chairman who owns 75% of our shares and expects the club to be run as a business that at least breaks even.

Sorry that some of you say that we are the worst team in the league but finishing 12 th last season and currently 11th suggests that a fair few of you are worse than us

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Today we had our 5th successive defeat, no goals scored and a hefty 16 conceded, fair to say we are currently a soft touch for all sides in this league
Hard to see how this will change going forward with some really tough games against top teams. We hear from management of injuries racking up, I've never bought into that as it's the same for all teams. All teams are awaiting the January transfer window, but we'll all be chasing the same players, a goal scorer and quality defenders. Johnson said in an interview before the match how the club have 8 players who all want to wear the no's 8 shirt, how has that been allowed to happen ? Remarks about how poor the team are at taking throw ins !!!
I've got news for him, we've been shite at taking throw ins for too many years
Notwithstanding the above, well done to Northampton who continue their recent very good form

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
We know that many see us as an anti-football side but what we are doing is playing to our strengths using the diminishing resources that we have,11 injured out of a first team squad of 25.

We haven't got multi millionaire owners,just an 83 year old Chairman who owns 75% of our shares and expects the club to be run as a business that at least breaks even.

Sorry that some of you say that we are the worst team in the league but finishing 12 th last season and currently 11th suggests that a fair few of you are worse than us
I didn’t even respond to them anymore, mate. We know that we’re shit but still sitting in the top half whilst playing strikers and defenders in midfield. Says more about how wank this division is currently. We’re going to comfortably stay up whilst playing half a season with 8/9/10/11/12 players out injured at once!!

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I think we’re as good as down now. Not even a good January window will save us we’re that bad.

The regression of this team over the past month or so has been frightening. Getting worse by the week. It’s too big an ask for 6 or 7 players to arrive in January, hit the ground running, gel and make us into a top half standard team over night. Because that’s what will need to happen to stand a chance. We’ll be bottom by January, god knows how many points adrift.

We are the worst team in this league, with a team assembled on our previous owners’ shoestring budget. Going down.
Oh come off it, you haven't seen us recently. We are a million miles away from where we were in August.
And you'll go out and spend in January so you'll be fine.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
That takeover atmCarlisle has actually done some enormous damage and it’s a shame in a way privately it had gone through allowing work to begin but publically it wasn’t mentioned until Boxing Day to keep reality into perspective.

Carlisle always on paper has one of the weaker squads, then lost 3 of their forwards from last season and have had some right nasty injury problems.

The only thing that at least held them together was a hard working unity from manager to fanbase and fanbase to team which at least made us constantly hard to beat and kept close in games just needing a couple of additions to give us a chance if slim because financially our options were terrible.

…………then came the takeover.

And on one hand our budget has increase a lot, we will have a good 7-8 new players probably all L1 quality and higher which will help.

But the atmosphere has really turned for the worse and soured, played unity, effort and fight has dropped, the fanbase are getting now short tempered, have unrealistic expectations and demands…….pressure has been added and it’s all utterly collapsed.

Now I worry about a panic stricken January lumping us with a few ridiculously expensive players to appease the fanbase who don’t have the same heart or desire our players have had twice before with Simpson.

I’d rather an expectation that relegation is acceptable if it means we wait to get the right additions to improve us as time goes on than now rush and demand for 7-8 of the first team changed.

So the takeover is the reason we're doing worse in your mind?

Well that is ridiculous, the reason we're shipping in loads more goals now is because of an injury crisis, most notably because of the loss of Calum Guy and also some odd team selections.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd

Whoever the drunk c***s were that gave Simmo abuse at the end of the match need their fucking heads kicked in.

So many dumb fucking idiots who think he's the one to blame for why we're struggling. They can fuck off.

He's done so much for our club and he gets treated like that it's absolutely appalling!

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
When people ask me if I like football, I say yes, I do like football. But not Gary Caldwell. Gary Caldwell can fuck off.

And he can take Will Aimson with him. Useless prick. Would rather have Stevie Wonder at Centre Back - least he’d be able to make a forward pass.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
So the takeover is the reason we're doing worse in your mind?

Well that is ridiculous, the reason we're shipping in loads more goals now is because of an injury crisis, most notably because of the loss of Calum Guy and also some odd team selections.

Yes 100%

And you’ve clearly seen the difference yourself in your following post you typed attacking fans who yesterday gave abuse to Simpson, would he have ever got abuse before the takeover………..no.

I didn’t say it’s a bad thing takeover happened, Simpsons budget January will be better than anyone else bottom half in this league, but we were a club promoted because the manager created a wave of unity, hard work and togetherness and that since takeover has diminished and pressure has suddenly arrived not seen before.

They just need to ignore the fanbase and focus on them correct 3-4 players needed and if cannot find them wait for the summer and sod this season.

It can just take 2-3 players to transform it all, back in 2003 we had a side with 1 win and just 5 points at this point then were able to add Kev Gray, Tom Cowan and Andy Preece and it galvanised a poor/terrible squad can happen here but not if our fanbase now constantly turns on the team/management.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

Didn't say you were the worst team in the league....you're clearly not. But you were comfortably the worst team we have played. I think you had maybe 3 attacks of which you scored 2. We had double the amount of shots, 14 corners to your 1. 70 odd % possession. If we'd have been a Bolton with a half competent attack it could have been 6 or 7. Unfortunately, we're so poor in both boxes that we couldn't take advantage.

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Truthfully we've been terrible and out of our depth all season.

The first few months we were still riding the wave of promotion. The weather was fair and the excitement of league one was lifting us.

The warning signs were there. We were obviously performing to the maximum of our capabilities due to the above factors. The problem was that despite performing to our maximum we were only picking up draws or losing by the odd goal.

Winter has set in, the excitement worn off and reality is biting hard. Combine that with losing the one player keeping it all together in Callum Guy and the outcome was inevitable.

Performance levels have dropped and we've gone from respectively competing to being totally overwhelmed.

The takeover has definitely brought a double edged sword to proceedings.

The belief from Simpson would've been that players would rise to the challenge of the threat of squad improvement. The opposite has happened. Some players have clearly downed tools at the prospect of their impending offloading.

The ones on the pitch with some talent and fight are now outnumbered by the players lacking in talent and fight.

It is going to be a very long December and we've got to dig our claws in.

We've got the promise of a brighter future. Patience is the key.

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Standard 3 points in the end. Carlisle have overtaken Shrewsbury as the worst side we've played at home. Credit to their away fans for travelling in numbers . I bet you are glad you didn't get more tickets now . How long has Simpson got?
There's a poll on our message board regarding still having faith in Paul Simpson.

It currently stands at 98 yes and 3 no.

There was abuse dished out after the game. Simpson believes it was being aimed towards him. I'm not so sure, he was caught in the crossfire of anger towards the players.

Our attendances have more than doubled since Simpson came back and away followings gone through the roof.

There's an element of our fanbase now that are green and have only experienced upward movement. The first sign of adversity and arses have fallen out. Some haven't established themselves the backbone required for supporting a club like Carlisle United.

Paul Simpson isn't above criticism but he's certainly above receiving abuse. Elements of our fanbase need to wise up quickly before they lose something they'll never get back.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
There's a poll on our message board regarding still having faith in Paul Simpson.

There was abuse dished out after the game. Simpson believes it was being aimed towards him. I'm not so sure, he was caught in the crossfire of anger towards the players.

Our attendances have more than doubled since Simpson came back and away followings gone through the roof.

There's an element of our fanbase now that are green and have only experienced upward movement. The first sign of adversity and arses have fallen out. Some haven't established themselves the backbone required for supporting a club like Carlisle United.

Paul Simpson isn't above criticism but he's certainly above receiving abuse. Elements of our fanbase need to wise up quickly before they lose something they'll never get back.
How does that work?

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
The belief from Simpson would've been that players would rise to the challenge of the threat of squad improvement. The opposite has happened. Some players have clearly downed tools at the prospect of their impending offloading.

Exactly. When the takeover happened it could have gone either way, but as you say it’s gone that way with some players clearly throwing in the towel and accepting their fates. Says a lot about their characters really which is disappointing.

The rest of December is going to be a hard watch. Be lucky to get another point I’d say.
The best thing that could happen for us is a big freeze in the weather and 1 or 2 of the games being P-P and rearranged for later in the season.

But as I said above even with January coming it’s going to be a tough ask for 6 or 7 new signings to come in and hit the ground running straight away. I think we’re heading down and it’s really sad as even I did not expect this at the start of the season.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yep. Good couple of yards off I would say. I guess it kind of makes up for the multiple apology letters we've received from the FA this season.
It’s quite marginal as the lad to the right of the 6 yard box looks to be beyond the line also but would say it’s offside, as you say though we are due a few, we had a couple of apologies for Stevenage penalties not given, the Peterborough one to name a couple, does seem that it goes against teams more when in a bad run though.

It’s a real shame that both us and Exeter have nose dived. Probably that Vale love in tweet triggered it so blame Dan lol

Crazy that in 6 months worth of football between the two clubs that’s the first win in the league for either side.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd

They're a bunch of dickhead so called fans them lot.

But we all just have to be patient until we can bring in new and better players next month.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Exactly. When the takeover happened it could have gone either way, but as you say it’s gone that way with some players clearly throwing in the towel and accepting their fates. Says a lot about their characters really which is disappointing.

The rest of December is going to be a hard watch. Be lucky to get another point I’d say.
The best thing that could happen for us is a big freeze in the weather and 1 or 2 of the games being P-P and rearranged for later in the season.

But as I said above even with January coming it’s going to be a tough ask for 6 or 7 new signings to come in and hit the ground running straight away. I think we’re heading down and it’s really sad as even I did not expect this at the start of the season.

Things are not so bad hellogregory as you can still take comfort in the fact we've only been hammered twice now..

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

Some of them need to take a long hard look in the mirror. I'd think that some of them will struggle to find themselves another league club. Being a backup league one player is better than driving a van for a living. They just need to ask Owen Moxon.

Show the right attitude and the opportunity is there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!