Saturday 9th and Monday 11th Dec Fixtures

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Whoever the drunk c***s were that gave Simmo abuse at the end of the match need their fucking heads kicked in.

So many dumb fucking idiots who think he's the one to blame for why we're struggling. They can fuck off.

He's done so much for our club and he gets treated like that it's absolutely appalling!

Similar thing happened at our game yesterday, some fan went down to the home dugout and started having a go at Wellens and our coaching team after we went 3-0 down to Derby.

Some people just don't have any perspective and all clubs have got them, thankfully this fan was booed by our own fans. Someone then took his hat and threw it on the pitch which drew a loud cheer, feeling a bit humilated he then tried to throw a punch at the fan who threw his hat on the pitch.

As I said, some people are just plain clueless.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
I will always take a point away from home in this division. Just need to back it up with home wins, starting next week against Orient.
First half Rovers were dreadful & Cheltenham awful second half it was in reverse. That first half was up there in the top 5 worst performances I've seen from a Rovers side in 62 years of watching them. Both teams were crap and will be lucky to stay in the division unless they improve.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Similar thing happened at our game yesterday, some fan went down to the home dugout and started having a go at Wellens and our coaching team after we went 3-0 down to Derby.

Some people just don't have any perspective and all clubs have got them, thankfully this fan was booed by our own fans. Someone then took his hat and threw it on the pitch which drew a loud cheer, feeling a bit humilated he then tried to throw a punch at the fan who threw his hat on the pitch.

As I said, some people are just plain clueless.

Definitely feels that in the last few years patience and perspective has gone out of the window in football. When Derby thumped us people were calling for Brady to go and he’s been the most successful gaffer since Wilder.

Last edited:

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Chill o
Whoever the drunk c***s were that gave Simmo abuse at the end of the match need their fucking heads kicked in.

So many dumb fucking idiots who think he's the one to blame for why we're struggling. They can fuck off.

He's done so much for our club and he gets treated like that it's absolutely appalling!
Chill out mate it's only early December

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
Today we had our 5th successive defeat, no goals scored and a hefty 16 conceded, fair to say we are currently a soft touch for all sides in this league
Hard to see how this will change going forward with some really tough games against top teams. We hear from management of injuries racking up, I've never bought into that as it's the same for all teams. All teams are awaiting the January transfer window, but we'll all be chasing the same players, a goal scorer and quality defenders. Johnson said in an interview before the match how the club have 8 players who all want to wear the no's 8 shirt, how has that been allowed to happen ? Remarks about how poor the team are at taking throw ins !!!
I've got news for him, we've been shite at taking throw ins for too many years
Notwithstanding the above, well done to Northampton who continue their recent very good form

You carried a threat offensively but we were able to create so many chances, it could have finished 6-2 or something along those lines. I am curious why Stockley did not start, he caused us problems when he came on.

We are on a fantastic run of form at the moment. We are by no means one of the best teams in this division. But we have a great manager, we are well organised and we have an energetic hard working side. Add to it a guy that now guarantees you goals in Hoskins and I think that means survival for us, which would be a fantastic achievement as I imagine we were one of the most commonly picked side for the drop at the beginning of the season.

Just have to hope that no one comes in for Brady at any point and hopefully no one pays what it would take to prize Hoskins away from us. Has over 2 years left on his deal and Brady said it would take more than a million for us to sell, cant see anyone stumping up that amount of cash for him.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
Definitely feels that in the last few years patient and perspective has gone out of the window in football. When Derby thumped us people were calling for Brady to go and he’s been the most successful gaffer since Wilder.

Completely agree, absolute mentalists. The sort of folks you often cant reason with

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Completely agree, absolute mentalists. The sort of folks you often cant reason with

Right now we're basically an average L2 team playing in L1 so it was a bit of a miracle we got promoted last season considering our budget and any reasonable fan of ours understands that our finances in the summer were nowhere near enough to bring in better players for this level.
But of course we have a contingent of fair weather fans who suddenly appeared as we got promoted and in all their glorious wisdom they believe it's our manager who is to blame for everything going wrong and have quickly forgotten what he achieved.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
You carried a threat offensively but we were able to create so many chances, it could have finished 6-2 or something along those lines. I am curious why Stockley did not start, he caused us problems when he came on.

We are on a fantastic run of form at the moment. We are by no means one of the best teams in this division. But we have a great manager, we are well organised and we have an energetic hard working side. Add to it a guy that now guarantees you goals in Hoskins and I think that means survival for us, which would be a fantastic achievement as I imagine we were one of the most commonly picked side for the drop at the beginning of the season.

Just have to hope that no one comes in for Brady at any point and hopefully no one pays what it would take to prize Hoskins away from us. Has over 2 years left on his deal and Brady said it would take more than a million for us to sell, cant see anyone stumping up that amount of cash for him.

If Hoskins was 25 I’d be worried but at 30 I just can’t see people wanting to stump up the kind of money needed for a player his age which is obviously fantastic news for us. I also can’t really see anyone taking Brady, he seems very underrated as far as I can tell?

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
Pretty boring game at charlton I thought, we played alright 1st half but 2nd half was poor really even though we deservedly got it back to 2-2 in the end.

Charltons ground is probably my favourite in the division, can imagine when it’s full it would be a decent atmosphere although there’s no chance of that at the minute with what’s being put on show.

KTF

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Pretty boring game at charlton I thought, we played alright 1st half but 2nd half was poor really even though we deservedly got it back to 2-2 in the end.

Charltons ground is probably my favourite in the division, can imagine when it’s full it would be a decent atmosphere although there’s no chance of that at the minute with what’s being put on show.

KTF

Agreed Charlton is my number 1 away trip in the division win or lose. Great away end, smart stadium all round, London trip and easy to get to on the train. What’s not love there?

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
The football team.

Saw that Campbell got on the scoresheet yesterday - how’s he doing for you in general?

He was a mixed bag for us, tons of skill, scored the odd banger, and could really scare defenders when running at them.

But on the flipside, he often lacked end product, would try to take on the entire opposition on his own, and always shunned the simple ball - though of course you may expect a Prem starlet to be over-full of themselves.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Agreed Charlton is my number 1 away trip in the division win or lose. Great away end, smart stadium all round, London trip and easy to get to on the train. What’s not love there?
I agree. Some decent pubs around London Bridge and then 20 minutes on the train. Old school but decent ground in the heart of the community rather than some soulless retail park. Easy train back into central London for more beers before home. I went at the end of April but couldn't make the more recent one. I hope we're both in the same division next season.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Saw that Campbell got on the scoresheet yesterday - how’s he doing for you in general?

He was a mixed bag for us, tons of skill, scored the odd banger, and could really scare defenders when running at them.

But on the flipside, he often lacked end product, would try to take on the entire opposition on his own, and always shunned the simple ball - though of course you may expect a Prem starlet to be over-full of themselves.
Pretty much exactly as you’ve described him.

In fairness he’s not had much of a look in as Appleton doesn’t seem to fancy him much but I think he’s a better option than some of the other tripe we have.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Make

Just have to hope that no one comes in for Brady at any point and hopefully no one pays what it would take to prize Hoskins away from us. Has over 2 years left on his deal and Brady said it would take more than a million for us to sell, cant see anyone stumping up that amount of cash for him

Makes our 3 nil win all the better then

Tallow

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Said it before and will say it again.
Never throw the towel in to soon, nobody gets relegated in January.
In the next couple of weeks, we'll have Huntington, Ellis and Charters back.
Two massive 6 pointers vs Cheltenham (h) and Fleetwood (a).
January comes, a few new signings and the deadwood gone.
New owners doing groundwork on projects behind the scenes.
Plenty of points to fight for, we're only 3 points off safety and other clubs around us appear to be in worse situations off the park.
Despite Simpsons' quotes yesterday, I can't see him or the club giving up yet.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Going to call it now the winner of tonights game goes up automatically
Though i would take a draw all day long

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Decent point at Wigan considering their home record, in a game of few chances full stop. I think they only had one shot on target.

Reading, Bolton and Derby next so those sort of points keep us ticking over for the time being until January.

bigfatron

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I think we’re as good as down now. Not even a good January window will save us we’re that bad.

The regression of this team over the past month or so has been frightening. Getting worse by the week. It’s too big an ask for 6 or 7 players to arrive in January, hit the ground running, gel and make us into a top half standard team over night. Because that’s what will need to happen to stand a chance. We’ll be bottom by January, god knows how many points adrift.

We are the worst team in this league, with a team assembled on our previous owners’ shoestring budget. Going down.
I don’t know, we managed pretty much exactly that last season…

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Going to call it now the winner of tonights game goes up automatically
Though i would take a draw all day long

I'm not sure about that as it's only December and there are some good teams below us who seem to have gotten their acts together (Peterborough, Derby etc). I'd also shake on a draw tonight though.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I don’t know, we managed pretty much exactly that last season…
We had 21 points at Xmas though. I think to get yourselves half a chance to hit the magical 50 point mark the minimum you need is 20 points. Anything less then it's a really big ask.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Carlisle is a tricky one, if you'd said to their fans 12 months ago they'd be in League One they'd snap your hands off after a few poor season's in league two they were always going to be the favourites for the drop so surely staying in touch is key but would be harsh to boot Simpson? They've kept largely the same squad and budget wise not had the spending power?

Keep in touch, get to January and see if you can make the improvements, the only word of caution I would have is that January is very very difficult, value for money and pricing is largely not there, we've hardly been tight (Steve Evans think we spend big but don't) but January last season killed us even more, all be it you had teams throwing huge money around (i.e. Ipswich).

As for us, seen our highlights, a lot suggest worst performance of the season and won so funny old game really, some real El Crapico passages of play, including Smith bizzarely ducking out the way to allow Exeter a free shot from 4 yards out! Smudge is worrying me a bit of late and wonder if the Captain role is pulling him back a bit. Jason Lowe is getting plaudits again, really surprise package for us this season as expected as a utility player but seems to have some quality the others don't have at the back, oddly had the Carlisle incident with him set to sign there! and Debrah seems to have got over his horror debut at Bristol Rovers to become a key cog back there and a cracking pick up.

Great for the acadmey, especially young Dipepa as a 1st year scholar getting on and actually doing more than Ryan Loft has all season in 10 minutes with his mazy run and ball for Uche to miss another sitter from.

Needed a shithouse win though, we've played some good possession football, managed to lose to Shrewsbury with 73% of the ball so to have less than 40% and win shows the funny game football can be.

Ripper deservedly goes into their bar in full kit and orders a pint after his saves.

Key now is using that to get confidence back and follow it up, tomorrow isn't as key but certainly in the league starting with Wigan, even if its just a draw but to get the points ticking over, doubling our points tally for 3 months in one afternoon shows how bad the form has been!

Last edited:

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I'm not sure about that as it's only December and there are some good teams below us who seem to have gotten their acts together (Peterborough, Derby etc). I'd also shake on a draw tonight though.
I think this is a weak league this season. Derby and Peterborough like Blackpool and Oxford are good on there day but are way too inconsistent long term.
We are getting stronger and have not conceded in over 5 league games unbeaten in 9 games all competitions
You have lost one all season.
So if one team wins tonight with you having points in the bag and us playing fewer games i see the winner having a decent cushion going into the busy Christmas period

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think this is a weak league this season. Derby and Peterborough like Blackpool and Oxford are good on there day but are way too inconsistent long term.
We are getting stronger and have not conceded in over 5 league games unbeaten in 9 games all competitions
You have lost one all season.
So if one team wins tonight with you having points in the bag and us playing fewer games i see the winner having a decent cushion going into the busy Christmas period
Derby are nowhere near you and Portsmouth in my opinion. They scraped a win against us, which considering our form is pretty poor. One or two decent players, but as a whole they're nowhere near it for me. Peterborough the same...good on their day but they've always got a shitter in them and didn't look very good against us...in fact we should have won. Oxford look to be having the odd bad result. Blackpool could be the team that get their shit together and start to challenge.

You're right though, this year's league is a shocker. There's no stand out teams. We've just got 6 points out of 36 and are still 6 points clear of the drop zone. Bolton probably the best team we played but only for a half. Difference is that you've got goals in you and seem pretty tight in defence.

dwightyorke

Reaction score
Supports
Bergkamp10
Looking at the league table at the moment it's looking like your going need 80 points make the top 6 and probably only about 45 to avoid relegation.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Derby are nowhere near you and Portsmouth in my opinion. They scraped a win against us, which considering our form is pretty poor. One or two decent players, but as a whole they're nowhere near it for me. Peterborough the same...good on their day but they've always got a shitter in them and didn't look very good against us...in fact we should have won. Oxford look to be having the odd bad result. Blackpool could be the team that get their shit together and start to challenge.

You're right though, this year's league is a shocker. There's no stand out teams. We've just got 6 points out of 36 and are still 6 points clear of the drop zone. Bolton probably the best team we played but only for a half. Difference is that you've got goals in you and seem pretty tight in defence.
A few have said we are the best team they have faced yet we have had three shockers Wigan, Carlisle and Reading.... So early doors we were that inconsistent with 5/6 injuries each week, they have mainly cleared up and our bench now is outstanding for this league. Same with Portsmouth who have been the most consistent team

A win tonight will give either a decent cushion

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Giving our El Crapico game a run for its money so far!

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Bolton haven’t half been shooting themselves in the foot in possession in the second half. Clearly what they do is successful just not so far tonight.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Bolton haven’t half been shooting themselves in the foot in possession in the second half. Clearly what they do is successful just not so far tonight.
The game turned on that Dion Charles miss, we were playing well before that. Surely he scores that 99 times out of 100. Should have made it count in the first 20/25 mins. Pompey much better since and probably deserve to win it on the match as a whole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!