3/10, 7/10 & 9/10 Games

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We stayed up last season because of our home form, and it will be key to us staying up this season. I do fancy us to beat anyone at home, I have always said it, HOWEVER if we do lose, I won't come on here ever time and cry about the ref, a red card, poor defending, the ball boy didn't throw it back quick enough, the best midfielder in the league having an off day, the best keeper in the league conceding eight and the striker league one defences should be scared of can't hit a barn fucking door.
The ripper has made team of the week four times (and it was only 7) and Wilson isn’t a striker he’s a number 10. Has more than Udoh so far mind!

The issue is there are a lot of Vale fans on here so it gets discussed more in depth.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
It's how you chose to analyse what you're seeing and decide to come up with the how have we lost that 8-0?

Funnily enough, against the side you got pumped 8-0 by wasn't a 4-0 game. if I had my Port Vale analytical hat on I would suggest we were extremely unlucky with the goals conceded and a penalty not given. However all you lot will see is the possession stats and the 4-0.

Football is about fine lines and I won't come here and talk about the if's and but's every week to the point where others are eventually going to call you out.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
We are fucked. Bolton aside, I don't think I've seen a good team this season in League 1, yet we get soundly beaten by all of them (except Pompey somehow).

We should have gone ahead last night and, once again, if we had I think we go onto win. Instead, we give away a poor free-kick (harsh, but Thompson was stupid) and then our most experienced player decides that with us being 1-0 down it'll be a good idea to hack a player to the ground and get sent off. To top it all off, the rest of the players basically give up and we go onto concede the most comical goal I think I've ever seen at Whaddon Road where the ball bounces between two defenders, both step back and allow the Fleetwood player to tap into an empty net. You honestly could not make this shit up.

Goodbye League One, it was fun for two seasons.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It's how you chose to analyse what you're seeing and decide to come up with the how have we lost that 8-0?

Funnily enough, against the side you got pumped 8-0 by wasn't a 4-0 game. if I had my Port Vale analytical hat on I would suggest we were extremely unlucky with the goals conceded and a penalty not given. However all you lot will see is the possession stats and the 4-0.

Football is about fine lines and I won't come here and talk about the if's and but's every week to the point where others are eventually going to call you out.
Which is exactly my point....you have to talk about the nuances in a game otherwise every post would be one sentence long. If you were beaten but were a bit unlucky then tell people! What's the point in hiding it?

By the way, we lost 7-0 to Barnsley.

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
When people ask me if I like football, I say yes, I do like football. But not Charlton. Charlton can fuck off.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Because you always have an excuse for not winning a game, which 9 times out of 10 you are the better side.
Barnsley away, lost 8-0 and you were the better aside apart from can't defend, can't defend crosses, can't score. So how on earth can you be the better side whilst saying all that? How you Port Vale fans can't understand why it pisses a lot of poster off on here is beyond me.

We lost 4-0 to Barnsley last night but would have won it if we defended better, had more control in midfield and scored 5 out of our 8 shots on target.
couldn't have said it better myself

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Against Barnsley certainly first half we were the dominant side which is correct. It was a freak result (think Ian Evatt referred to it last week). Was a strange game, most stats bar the key one were in our favour which is true, what do you want us to say?

It was what made the game so bizarre but as i said if you don't defend well you get punished. Not sure why that should piss anyone off, its a forum to discuss the game and that was how the game panned out. We deserved to lose because our defending was Sunday league, I don't think anyone argued any different.

Its a frustrating season for us so far, between both boxes this is easily the best Vale side in a couple of decades and probably one of the best sides in the league, in both boxes however we are letting ourselves down and if you gift goals and are not ruthless at the other end at this level you end up having a lot to do so we are very much a work in progress and work to be done.
you're full of shite

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
That's not true and you know it.

We were the significantly better team against Barnsley for the first 30 minutes FACT. Nobody said we deserved anything out of the game.

We were the better team against Burton, again ratified by their fans. We weren't crap in that game.

We were very poor against a good Bolton side in the first half on Saturday, but a lot better second half and, again ratified by both sets of supporters, probably deserved a point.

The same applies last night. We played well for 30 minutes, Bristol were playing like the away team on the break. We played for damage limitation second half and weren't as good but we did have 10 men. Frustrated about that one because 11 v 11 we could have really got something against a side who looked a bit all over the place at times.

When we're crap, we'll admit it. God only knows we've seen enough crap performances to know. I came on at half time and said as much on Saturday.

But football is not as black and white as you make out. There are games where we've played well generally but lack in both boxes. We're hoping that will come with practice and some of the new players we have bought in. If it clicks, we'll be really strong.

The purpose of a forum is to discuss the nuances of a game, not just 'we lost so we were shit ' or 'we won so we're ace'. We beat Oxford for example but I thought they were the better team on the day.

It's not excusing defeats, it's analysing the game and looking at the good and bad. We can't help it if you haven't got those analytical skills.
yawn

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
at least Charlton are a proper club Nothing wrong with Charlton even though they always win at FP

In fairness to Hutch, I think he was referring to the fact that we also always beat them.

Shame we can’t play Exeter and Portsmouth every other week because we’re mostly shit against everyone else.

HutchECFC

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
In fairness to Hutch, I think he was referring to the fact that we also always beat them.

Shame we can’t play Exeter and Portsmouth every other week because we’re mostly shit against everyone else.
What he said.
6 defeats in a row now

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Isn't it half term soon? Are you going Alton Towers with your mates or will it be bowling or the cinema? Perhaps one of your mates might be able to get hold of a bottle of white lighting for you and you can drink it down the park....exciting times for you.
are u thick? Kids have been back at school for weeks

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
That's not true and you know it.

We were the significantly better team against Barnsley for the first 30 minutes FACT. Nobody said we deserved anything out of the game.

We were the better team against Burton, again ratified by their fans. We weren't crap in that game.

We were very poor against a good Bolton side in the first half on Saturday, but a lot better second half and, again ratified by both sets of supporters, probably deserved a point.

The same applies last night. We played well for 30 minutes, Bristol were playing like the away team on the break. We played for damage limitation second half and weren't as good but we did have 10 men. Frustrated about that one because 11 v 11 we could have really got something against a side who looked a bit all over the place at times.

When we're crap, we'll admit it. God only knows we've seen enough crap performances to know. I came on at half time and said as much on Saturday.

But football is not as black and white as you make out. There are games where we've played well generally but lack in both boxes. We're hoping that will come with practice and some of the new players we have bought in. If it clicks, we'll be really strong.

The purpose of a forum is to discuss the nuances of a game, not just 'we lost so we were shit ' or 'we won so we're ace'. We beat Oxford for example but I thought they were the better team on the day.

It's not excusing defeats, it's analysing the game and looking at the good and bad. We can't help it if you haven't got those analytical skills.
Rovers playing like the away team. A team that looked all over the place and you got beat 3 nil. Imagine if we had been good . I dread to think what the score would have been ?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Rovers playing like the away team. A team that looked all over the place and you got beat 3 nil. Imagine if we had been good . I dread to think what the score would have been ?
11 v 11 which he is referring to, (we don't lose that 3-0 in a million years without the red) you did set up it seemed to hit us on the counter, hence we had 67% possession when ifollow put the stats up HT and your main chances were on the break such as Collins early on and the "booking" for Debrah when Collin's ended up 1 v 1 and the Cass last ditch tackle in the box.

You did it well in fairness.

Defensively you were all over the place as we targeted your left side and got countless balls into the box (if only Uche was signed a few days earlier!) Even with 10 men and rarely getting forward we had 2 glorious chances, believe you had a couple of injuries there though?

To sum up Rovers your front 3 looked decent, not sure JCH should be the main focus of improvement based on that and as usual were "robust" and prepared to play the arts when needed as you generally expect when you face a Barton side but were ropey at the back and maybe lacked some quality in the middle but obviously I am not in the know enough to confirm how you'd have been without the injuries.

Come May I would expect as per last season (and the season before actually) we will both be relatively close in the table knocking around the middle but somewhat better than last season.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
In todays least surprising news, Aimson's red card has been overturned.

Maybe we can agree with Klopp to have the game replayed..

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
In todays least surprising news, Aimson's red card has been overturned.

Maybe we can agree with Klopp to have the game replayed..
Never expected it to be rescinded, thought only the big clubs got those kind of decisions. Delighted with the news.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Never expected it to be rescinded, thought only the big clubs got those kind of decisions. Delighted with the news.
Its rare, although the only one I recall being rescinded for us was Tom Conlon's against Lincoln City last season... just a shame that the red card cost us the game which in turn saw DC gone... so it wasn't overly well received!

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
We've had plenty of our reds rescinded. It's all about the brown envelopes. You have to know how to play the game.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
11 v 11 which he is referring to, (we don't lose that 3-0 in a million years without the red) you did set up it seemed to hit us on the counter, hence we had 67% possession when ifollow put the stats up HT and your main chances were on the break such as Collins early on and the "booking" for Debrah when Collin's ended up 1 v 1 and the Cass last ditch tackle in the box.

You did it well in fairness.

Defensively you were all over the place as we targeted your left side and got countless balls into the box (if only Uche was signed a few days earlier!) Even with 10 men and rarely getting forward we had 2 glorious chances, believe you had a couple of injuries there though?

To sum up Rovers your front 3 looked decent, not sure JCH should be the main focus of improvement based on that and as usual were "robust" and prepared to play the arts when needed as you generally expect when you face a Barton side but were ropey at the back and maybe lacked some quality in the middle but obviously I am not in the know enough to confirm how you'd have been without the injuries.

Come May I would expect as per last season (and the season before actually) we will both be relatively close in the table knocking around the middle but somewhat better than last season.
Tbf I was really angry with the 2nd half performance, but I understand why Barton did it. Not wanting to take credit away from you, but I felt the chances 2nd half were from pure laziness rather than unbelievable play from Vale.

We are at our best actually when we’re setup how we did. When teams actually try to play football and attack us, we’ve only lost to P’boro. The rest we’ve drawn or won. It’s when teams sit back and employ the dark arts where we need JCH, we just don’t know how to break them down.

Definitely 8 or 9 injuries (most in defence) had an effect on us at the back, we were lucky that you had no striker.

I can’t help feel the comments above about feeling you were better for 20 (IMO, not 30) are screams of PL teams when Leicester won the league. We let you play your game, which didn’t bring a single shot on target. In that time we were already 1-0 up and had 2/3 clear goal scoring chances.

If a fan feels that’s you in control of a game then I’m sorry, they’re not understanding football very well.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Anyway onto Oxford away. This should be a cracker.

Obviously I’d be delighted with a point but I can’t see anything but a loss.

Mind you we have a fantastic record at Oxford and we seem to be their bogey team at the Kassam. Would he amazing to keep that going tomorrow

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Cambridge at home live on sky Monday.
Yeah I have no idea either.
Going to stick my head out and say 1-0 to us. We actually played well against Wigan.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
We stayed up last season because of our home form, and it will be key to us staying up this season. I do fancy us to beat anyone at home, I have always said it, HOWEVER if we do lose, I won't come on here ever time and cry about the ref, a red card, poor defending, the ball boy didn't throw it back quick enough, the best midfielder in the league having an off day, the best keeper in the league conceding eight and the striker league one defences should be scared of can't hit a barn fucking door.
no of course you dont, you are too busy concocting your bullshit about vale.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
No other fans are making up what you're saying. You have the violin out after every defeat which can become rather boring to read.

Yes it's a forum and by all means talk about your team, the game, players etc but we have to read the same boring stuff when you get beat, even after an 8-0 defeat. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say you were shit or didn't deserve anything from a game where you striker can't hit a barn door.
you cant even get the barnsley score right, literally everything you say about vale fans is provably false.

your lies are boring to read. stick to your invincible 50% win rate home form and fuxk off from us.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Tbf I was really angry with the 2nd half performance, but I understand why Barton did it. Not wanting to take credit away from you, but I felt the chances 2nd half were from pure laziness rather than unbelievable play from Vale.

We are at our best actually when we’re setup how we did. When teams actually try to play football and attack us, we’ve only lost to P’boro. The rest we’ve drawn or won. It’s when teams sit back and employ the dark arts where we need JCH, we just don’t know how to break them down.

Definitely 8 or 9 injuries (most in defence) had an effect on us at the back, we were lucky that you had no striker.

I can’t help feel the comments above about feeling you were better for 20 (IMO, not 30) are screams of PL teams when Leicester won the league. We let you play your game, which didn’t bring a single shot on target. In that time we were already 1-0 up and had 2/3 clear goal scoring chances.

If a fan feels that’s you in control of a game then I’m sorry, they’re not understanding football very well.
It was definitely a reference to the first 20/30 minutes of the game. I think we had 67% possession and you did play like the away team on the break. There's nothing wrong with that of course but I was just stating how I saw it. After our man was sent off you obviously played more like the home team but created very little with the extra man (although you didn't need to).

Frustrating one for us because barring a very poor goal to concede I felt we looked the side in control up until then and were having some real joy against Vale and Garrity won everything against the number 4.

Just one of those games...a result handed to you on a plate rather than you being loads better than us. It happens in a season....Oxford and Charlton to a certain extent handed us victories on a plate through their own stupidity rather than us being much better than them.

We need to nip this pretty poor run of form in the bud pretty quickly otherwise we'll be getting jittery about what happened last season.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Anyway onto Oxford away. This should be a cracker.

Obviously I’d be delighted with a point but I can’t see anything but a loss.

Mind you we have a fantastic record at Oxford and we seem to be their bogey team at the Kassam. Would he amazing to keep that going tomorrow
The only blip being the covid season when the snake scored against us in both games. They do seem to crumble when the travelling gashead are there in force though

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
The only blip being the covid season when the snake scored against us in both games. They do seem to crumble when the travelling gashead are there in force though

Fortunately not today but we had a go at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!