3/10, 7/10 & 9/10 Games

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
This Pompey team have seriously got a set of cahones on them. I actually didn't think it was a foul on their keeper for the winner, he needs to be stronger and come and claim that properly. Thought we deserved the win overall. Wycombe well organised but didn't offer too much in attack and their goal was an absolute shitty one to concede.

Yeah, we are fairly crap in attack anyway but that was definitely our "park the bus" version that you saw.

Ours was an awful goal for sure, I thought, "how has that gone in?" but they all count.

A few on our forum agreed with you that our keeper just didn't do well enough for your stoppage time goal, but I've certainly seen fouls given for that kind of situation.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
I can kind of understand why the ref gave a red, in the real time higlights on Youtube, it does look like he's gone in two footed

Yep, having seen it back Aimson does himself no favours the way he goes to ground after taking the ball, I can understand why in real time the ref would think it was two footed.

It’s not as much of a refereeing howler as I first thought but should still be overturned.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Yep, having seen it back Aimson does himself no favours the way he goes to ground after taking the ball, I can understand why in real time the ref would think it was two footed.

It’s not as much of a refereeing howler as I first thought but should still be overturned.
And helped by the antics of Alfie May...

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
To be fair we had a raft of key players out as well.

Mitch Clarke our only right wing back with tonsilitis

Ethan Chislett our main play maker, we look much more dangerous with him and is a big loss at the minute.

Ryan Loft our only experienced striker.

Alex Iacovitti arguably our best centre half certainly aerially and as an attacking threat from set pieces.

Dan Jones after a serious illness which he’s just coming back from.

So we are hardly not suffering as well as Rovers in that aspect. Second half was pretty much second string once Arblaster, Devine, Cass and Plant went off.

That said I still don’t get why we play a wing back system but only have two at the club! Playing a midfielder in RWB although who tore Vale a new one first half and a right sided forward at left wing back isn’t ideal.

Good to see OVF on meltdown again tonight though. Relegation, Crosby gone at Xmas etc

I thought that was strange to make all those subs at half time. Was that basically throwing the towel in and saving them for Sat?

AmberRich

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
After a strong start in August, we've been incredibly average ever since. Haven't actually won in the league since the first game of September.

Haven't had the easiest games but not sure that excuses it. 4-0 loss at home is dreadful, especially as we big our home form up so much.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I thought that was strange to make all those subs at half time. Was that basically throwing the towel in and saving them for Sat?
Probably, injuries are mounting up (Yak now out for 8 weeks too) so made sense to rest Arblaster for example for that, 2-0 down and 10 men it was better to hedge our bets as I called for at Half Time.

Good to get minutes in Jason Lowe for example and more experience into Balmer as we will need him now and Thomas is a striker with pace so was better to set up 2 banks of 4 to keep it 2-0 as long as possible and have a go last 10-15 (which we did when Wilson came on).

Pointless risking Devine for example getting a second yellow with the ref how he was. Thankfully Ojo seemed to be OK after his injury mid second half as that would have just capped off a bad night.

We've been a bit unlucky that a couple of players missing were down to illness as well at the moment with Clarke (Tonsilitis) and Dan Jones getting some Gastro illness which hospitalized him for a week!

Just hope we never have that referee again, he's probably getting added stick for the Accrington game last season but he is a clown, was apparently videoing himself walking into the stadium according to our commentary team, the new Trevor Kettle. Cant wait for Bezza on the Ale and Vale pod tonight who's a local referee he has barely calmed down about him from that Accrington game so probably wont have it on in the car on the school run in the morning :lol:

Thought Crosby summed it up well though, we are excellent in between both boxes but at the moment poor in both boxes, we'd been keeping regular clean sheets but are making defensive lapses again at the moment, last night twice and Saturday with the slip for example and with Chislett look toothless in front of goal, things that were dropping for us aren't at the moment and need to tweak the formation until Loft is back for me and go 3-5-2. Playing no strikers from the start last night was bonkers.

We are massively improved on last season but still a lot of work to be done to get to the level we want but I guess it will take a couple of transfer windows.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Deserved the point last night but had to wait till the very end to get it. We were a bit guilty of getting into good positions and then hesitating when the shot was on though, need to be braver.

Referee was awful too, we had several better shouts for free kicks and penalties than the one that Peterborough scored from. No action taken against the Peterborough players who having just been subbed, instead of heading straight for the bench, hung around behind the goal while the free kick was being taken, didn't think subs were allowed to be there and they were winding up the home fans, no need for it.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
My goodness, you wont see a string of worse keeper errors than those from Reading's yesterday. Their goal was an error from our keeper also who at least had made some great saves before it. Someone on our forum said Button's display looked like his wrists were made of quavers which pretty much summed it all up!

Reading fans just seemed apathetic mostly, good numbers but pretty quiet throughout. I would worry for them if their money situation is bad as it sounds. I think they have enough quality to survive but with a still rookie manager and probably not enough money to sack him if needed down the line im not sure where they go from here.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
My goodness, you wont see a string of worse keeper errors than those from Reading's yesterday. Their goal was an error from our keeper also who at least had made some great saves before it. Someone on our forum said Button's display looked like his wrists were made of quavers which pretty much summed it all up!

Reading fans just seemed apathetic mostly, good numbers but pretty quiet throughout. I would worry for them if their money situation is bad as it sounds. I think they have enough quality to survive but with a still rookie manager and probably not enough money to sack him if needed down the line im not sure where they go from here.

Don’t think Selles has stamped anything on that side. Very quick to abandon attempts to play and were very direct with crap results.

MadJohn

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Twitter
@ITMCHufc
We've equalled the record 11 Football League games without a goal. Not sure how many minutes into the next one we'll need to go to break the record, but we've got Derby at home so chances are we won't score at all.

Does anyone know what the record low points total is in League One?
Hartlepool fan here. You have around 80 minutes to avoid taking our record for a goalless run in the Football League.

In 1919/20, Coventry scored in the 50th minute vs Leicester, then had 11 goalless games, and then scored in the 15th minute vs Stoke. A total of 1045 minutes. (990 + 40 + 15)

In 1992/93, we scored in the 59th minute vs Fulham, then had 11 goalless league games, and then scored in the 51st minute at Blackpool. A total of 1072 minutes (990 + 31 + 51)

I reckon you're currently on 992 minutes (990 + 2)

Our all-comps record appears safe. We beat Crystal Palace 1-0 in the FA Cup in the game after the Fulham game, and had two cup games in the middle of the 11-game league run (0-1 vs Stockport, 0-1 vs Sheff Utd). Our total all-comps run was 1227 minutes, including 13 full games.

Good luck.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Notice the Dazzler didn't pull any punches last night on the job at hand.

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Hartlepool fan here. You have around 80 minutes to avoid taking our record for a goalless run in the Football League.

In 1919/20, Coventry scored in the 50th minute vs Leicester, then had 11 goalless games, and then scored in the 15th minute vs Stoke. A total of 1045 minutes. (990 + 40 + 15)

In 1992/93, we scored in the 59th minute vs Fulham, then had 11 goalless league games, and then scored in the 51st minute at Blackpool. A total of 1072 minutes (990 + 31 + 51)

I reckon you're currently on 992 minutes (990 + 2)

Our all-comps record appears safe. We beat Crystal Palace 1-0 in the FA Cup in the game after the Fulham game, and had two cup games in the middle of the 11-game league run (0-1 vs Stockport, 0-1 vs Sheff Utd). Our total all-comps run was 1227 minutes, including 13 full games.

Good luck.

I'll be honest. The first result i look for now is Cheltenham's to see how long they can keep this going.

Come on Robins, you can do this.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Why do people always make stuff up to paint us in a certain light? We clearly deserved to lose....we're just frustrated because with a striker we get points out of that game. I suspect we'll be saying that a few times over this season.
Because you always have an excuse for not winning a game, which 9 times out of 10 you are the better side.
Barnsley away, lost 8-0 and you were the better aside apart from can't defend, can't defend crosses, can't score. So how on earth can you be the better side whilst saying all that? How you Port Vale fans can't understand why it pisses a lot of poster off on here is beyond me.

We lost 4-0 to Barnsley last night but would have won it if we defended better, had more control in midfield and scored 5 out of our 8 shots on target.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Because you always have an excuse for not winning a game, which 9 times out of 10 you are the better side.
Barnsley away, lost 8-0 and you were the better aside apart from can't defend, can't defend crosses, can't score. So how on earth can you be the better side whilst saying all that? How you Port Vale fans can't understand why it pisses a lot of poster off on here is beyond me.

We lost 4-0 to Barnsley last night but would have won it if we defended better, had more control in midfield and scored 5 out of our 8 shots on target.
Against Barnsley certainly first half we were the dominant side which is correct. It was a freak result (think Ian Evatt referred to it last week). Was a strange game, most stats bar the key one were in our favour which is true, what do you want us to say?

It was what made the game so bizarre but as i said if you don't defend well you get punished. Not sure why that should piss anyone off, its a forum to discuss the game and that was how the game panned out. We deserved to lose because our defending was Sunday league, I don't think anyone argued any different.

Its a frustrating season for us so far, between both boxes this is easily the best Vale side in a couple of decades and probably one of the best sides in the league, in both boxes however we are letting ourselves down and if you gift goals and are not ruthless at the other end at this level you end up having a lot to do so we are very much a work in progress and work to be done.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Against Barnsley certainly first half we were the dominant side which is correct. It was a freak result (think Ian Evatt referred to it last week). Was a strange game, most stats bar the key one were in our favour which is true, what do you want us to say?

It was what made the game so bizarre but as i said if you don't defend well you get punished. Not sure why that should piss anyone off, its a forum to discuss the game and that was how the game panned out. We deserved to lose because our defending was Sunday league, I don't think anyone argued any different.

Its a frustrating season for us so far, between both boxes this is easily the best Vale side in a couple of decades and probably one of the best sides in the league, in both boxes however we are letting ourselves down and if you gift goals and are not ruthless at the other end at this level you end up having a lot to do so we are very much a work in progress and work to be done.
Trouble is games are not decided between the boxes.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Maybe its a Stoke thing to complain about the refs.

Just saw Southampton score at Stoke and the fans chant '1-0 to the referee'.
Don't know if they still do it but every match thread down in League Two used to have about three pages at the end of Vale fans posting screencaps of the highlights showing all the mistakes the ref made.

Tallow

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Deserved the point last night but had to wait till the very end to get it. We were a bit guilty of getting into good positions and then hesitating when the shot was on though, need to be braver.

Referee was awful too, we had several better shouts for free kicks and penalties than the one that Peterborough scored from. No action taken against the Peterborough players who having just been subbed, instead of heading straight for the bench, hung around behind the goal while the free kick was being taken, didn't think subs were allowed to be there and they were winding up the home fans, no need for it.
Yeah, the Peterborough player was a real arse winding up the Warwick Road End, but the ref booked him as he was getting to the dug out/ tunnel area.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Trouble is games are not decided between the boxes.
Which is spot on with what our manager and ourselves have been saying despite what other certain fans make out we are saying!

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
No other fans are making up what you're saying. You have the violin out after every defeat which can become rather boring to read.

Yes it's a forum and by all means talk about your team, the game, players etc but we have to read the same boring stuff when you get beat, even after an 8-0 defeat. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say you were shit or didn't deserve anything from a game where you striker can't hit a barn door.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Fleetwood have gone from zero confidence to a team now believing in itself. Good test this weekend against Wickum and to show the last 2 games are not a flash in the pan. We have found a diamond of a player in Junior Quitirna with 2 top quality goals in the last 3 games ( He missed a very easy chance against Leyton )
A draw will continue the upturn in form but tbh I think we sneak this 2-1 to the Cods

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV

how you getting on as favs in every homw game clown?

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
No other fans are making up what you're saying. You have the violin out after every defeat which can become rather boring to read.

Yes it's a forum and by all means talk about your team, the game, players etc but we have to read the same boring stuff when you get beat, even after an 8-0 defeat. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say you were shit or didn't deserve anything from a game where you striker can't hit a barn door.
everyone does it. the reason we get singled out is because you lied at the start of last season and it stuck.

no one bats an eyelid if you say you fancy yourselves against anyone at home but then only win half your home games. no one bats an eyelid when shrewsbury reckon their guy who has never scored 20 in a season is good for it this season despite being 28,having a year out and and their whole backroom changing.

but vale have said they were playing well until a defensive error and a joke of a red card so we have to get the lies out again.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
For balance, we currently have about 9 players out (3 injured since Saturday and 4 including Evans last night) who when fit would all be disappointed not be in the starting X1.
We had a CDM as CB and a rookie forward as LB, not able to fill the bench, and still didnt look threatened.
No excuses from us though we have a big squad with quality throughout, just havent quite clicked yet. But when (or if?) we do a few teams will take a tonking..

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
how you getting on as favs in every homw game clown?
They wont mention that one!

Same with Rover's fans moaning at us about the anger at the referee... two seasons ago their lad got sent off for elbowing Conlon allegedly that no one saw bar the linesman right in front of it and had another sent off for kicking Garrity in the head when clean through and they were going nuts about the referee! We are all looking at it from our own POV aren't we?

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
They wont mention that one!

Same with Rover's fans moaning at us about the anger at the referee... two seasons ago their lad got sent off for elbowing Conlon allegedly that no one saw bar the linesman right in front of it and had another sent off for kicking Garrity in the head when clean through and they were going nuts about the referee! We are all looking at it from our own POV aren't we?
To be fair Conlon did stamp on Finleys foot off the ball to instigate it, although Finley should have kept his cool. Worked out well in the end though, as we snatched the autos and gave you an easier route through the play offs

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
everyone does it. the reason we get singled out is because you lied at the start of last season and it stuck.

no one bats an eyelid if you say you fancy yourselves against anyone at home but then only win half your home games. no one bats an eyelid when shrewsbury reckon their guy who has never scored 20 in a season is good for it this season despite being 28,having a year out and and their whole backroom changing.

but vale have said they were playing well until a defensive error and a joke of a red card so we have to get the lies out again.

We stayed up last season because of our home form, and it will be key to us staying up this season. I do fancy us to beat anyone at home, I have always said it, HOWEVER if we do lose, I won't come on here ever time and cry about the ref, a red card, poor defending, the ball boy didn't throw it back quick enough, the best midfielder in the league having an off day, the best keeper in the league conceding eight and the striker league one defences should be scared of can't hit a barn fucking door.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

That's not true and you know it.

We were the significantly better team against Barnsley for the first 30 minutes FACT. Nobody said we deserved anything out of the game.

We were the better team against Burton, again ratified by their fans. We weren't crap in that game.

We were very poor against a good Bolton side in the first half on Saturday, but a lot better second half and, again ratified by both sets of supporters, probably deserved a point.

The same applies last night. We played well for 30 minutes, Bristol were playing like the away team on the break. We played for damage limitation second half and weren't as good but we did have 10 men. Frustrated about that one because 11 v 11 we could have really got something against a side who looked a bit all over the place at times.

When we're crap, we'll admit it. God only knows we've seen enough crap performances to know. I came on at half time and said as much on Saturday.

But football is not as black and white as you make out. There are games where we've played well generally but lack in both boxes. We're hoping that will come with practice and some of the new players we have bought in. If it clicks, we'll be really strong.

The purpose of a forum is to discuss the nuances of a game, not just 'we lost so we were shit ' or 'we won so we're ace'. We beat Oxford for example but I thought they were the better team on the day.

It's not excusing defeats, it's analysing the game and looking at the good and bad. We can't help it if you haven't got those analytical skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!