3/10, 7/10 & 9/10 Games

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
3-2 loss to Bolton this evening. Unfortunate not to come away with something, we certainly weren't outclassed but we didn't take our chances whilst Bolton were clinical with theirs so can't complain too much.

We were maybe on the wrong end of a big call in the first half, looked very much like Reid was taken out having got wrong side of his defender, he would have been one-on-one if the collision doesn't take place. Referee didn't even give a foul, if it was given then the Bolton man is sent off.

Putting that aside, we only have ourselves to blame for not getting something today. We have to be more clinical, Reid did well with his goals but has to be taking that chance he had to make it 3-3.

We've also got to be better defensively, just can't be conceding the goals we did tonight - Butler's conceded two penalties this season because of some really rash decision making, he has to look to clean that up. These errors are costing us points. For a side that offers such a threat from set plays, we really do look vulnerable defending them, Iredale can't be given the space and a free run like he was, well taken though.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Comfortable 3-0 home win and apparently we were the worse team?

Sorry but I I love Port Vale fans :lol:
11 v 11 we were the better side he’s right on that but obviously 10 v 11 killed the game.

Crosby hit the nail on the head, we were the dominant side in the ascendency but if you gift a goal then it’s a hard night ahead… mind you Crosby needs to answer the question why we didn’t play a striker! The balls we were getting into the box first half and having no one to tuck them away.

11 v 11 had the balance of play stayed as it was id have been furious to have lost that.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
We've equalled the record 11 Football League games without a goal. Not sure how many minutes into the next one we'll need to go to break the record, but we've got Derby at home so chances are we won't score at all.

Does anyone know what the record low points total is in League One?

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
The still from a second later shows it, Debrah is in front of your lad who’s still on two feet… yet somehow despite sliding in front your lads then rolling around despite being on his feet when Jesse has slid past him. Regardless it’s a soft yellow and the first was never a yellow. It was the Ben Speedie show (again).
i watched about 30 mins, it was basically we cant defend crosses but were otherwise alright. speedie actively fucking us again and rovers players rolling round on the floor. for all the vale fans saying debrah is silly on a yellow it still has to be a cautionable offence to be sent off. he did none tonight and got two yellows. dion charles did 5-6 last week got none. burton keeper far more, got none.

he should never ref our games again. in fact, he should never ref again.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers

I never realised what sore losers Port Vale fans were until tonight. Remember Rovers had 8 first team players out tonight and could'nt fill the bench. Yes Vale played quite well -- But to suggest you were unlucky to lose. Come on.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

It was only really comfortable when you were playing 10 men, as it should. I thought we were on top for the first 30 minutes, second half was a non eventbut even then we missed a sitter...Rovers seemed to have settled, which they would at 2-0. We were getting into really dangerous positions in the first half but we had a wing back as a striker and it showed.

Play with an actual striker and I'm convinced that we get something from that. Your defence looked very vulnerable, particularly the lad Vale. It's frustrating but the blame Unfortunately lies with our gaffer tonight...got it all wrong.

Unfortunately, as with last season, we're poor in both boxes.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
i watched about 30 mins, it was basically we cant defend crosses but were otherwise alright. speedie actively fucking us again and rovers players rolling round on the floor. for all the vale fans saying debrah is silly on a yellow it still has to be a cautionable offence to be sent off. he did none tonight and got two yellows. dion charles did 5-6 last week got none. burton keeper far more, got none.

he should never ref our games again. in fact, he should never ref again.
It reminds of the 2000/01 side. Some great football but nothing up top which was the case until we signed Brooker mid season then went 1 loss in 20 odd games. We need a striker, stick a Conor Wickham or something up there and we are getting results.

Even tonight we’ve missed two or three absolute sitters (Garrity and Wilson notably).

It’s bonkers to start a winger up front when we had two strikers tonight on the bench though, absolutely bonkers.

That was there for the taking tonight with their defence and we really needed a result in that with some tougher games to come in the next few weeks.

HoxxySoxxyOxxy

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Could and probably should have won by more today. Missed a sitter 1 on 1.
They go down to 10 and we immediately score. Then we just sat back for the last 20minutes and barely went forward until their keeper decides to go running out the box with the ball for some reason instead of putting it out of play. 2 great finishes mind you.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I never realised what sore losers Port Vale fans were until tonight. Remember Rovers had 8 first team players out tonight and could'nt fill the bench. Yes Vale played quite well -- But to suggest you were unlucky to lose. Come on.
He didn’t say we were unlucky to lose did he?

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
All I can say is I hope the supporter who was being treated pulls through, but the signs did not look good.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Why do people always make stuff up to paint us in a certain light? We clearly deserved to lose....we're just frustrated because with a striker we get points out of that game. I suspect we'll be saying that a few times over this season.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
We've equalled the record 11 Football League games without a goal. Not sure how many minutes into the next one we'll need to go to break the record, but we've got Derby at home so chances are we won't score at all.

‘They Think It’s All Rovers’ is worth a watch if you haven’t seen it.

Mad documentary for all the wrong reasons featuring Doncaster in the 90’s in their relegation season.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It was only really comfortable when you were playing 10 men, as it should. I thought we were on top for the first 30 minutes, second half was a non eventbut even then we missed a sitter...Rovers seemed to have settled, which they would at 2-0. We were getting into really dangerous positions in the first half but we had a wing back as a striker and it showed.

Play with an actual striker and I'm convinced that we get something from that. Your defence looked very vulnerable, particularly the lad Vale. It's frustrating but the blame Unfortunately lies with our gaffer tonight...got it all wrong.

Unfortunately, as with last season, we're poor in both boxes.
Certainly wouldn’t say you were on top. You looked sharper and we looked a tad lethargic in the opening 20 but we were still the ones creating the chances. For all your quick passing, I’m not sure you ever really had the ball in our box - whether you call that on top of a game or not is your opinion, but it’s certainly not mine.

Yeah our defence is weak atm. We have one CB, nearly 10 injuries and couldn’t fill a bench tonight, players were covering so we got fortunate your man lunged in stupidly whilst on a yellow.

11 v 11 is a different game no doubt. We weren’t fantastic tbh but we had plenty of chances in the end to score 4 or more, which I can’t complain at.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I might just have a terrible memory... Other than Udoh’s daisy cutter that went well wide in the 92nd minute, did you have a single shot?

Dunks had a shot in the 1st half that would have graced a rugby match. Other than the 2 mentioned I don't think so.

Who needs strikers? Our last 6 goals scored by 4 defenders.

It was very comfortable. I doubt it will be next game though with Bristol Rovers who we generally struggle against regardless of proceeding form.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
A really positive second half performance for us. Exeter deserved a lead and we were probably fortunate to go in level.
Two massive refereeing decisions went our way. The pen felt soft but wasn’t surprised to see it given, was definitely clumsy. Will need to see a replay of the red but he did go in recklessly with two feet, which isn’t the wisest thing to do.
A special mention to Demetri Mitchell who went all out shushing and winding up the home fans after the Exeter goal(I know it’s part of the game). He had a poor game and was awfully quiet come FT

Edit: seen a replay. Definitely not a red card
Fair assessment. The penalty was soft but not surprised it was given as it’s always risky being so clumsy in the box. That said, we had a similar penalty shout in first half when Harper was bundled in the box, which the ref waved away. No consistency.

Mitchell is a wind up merchant and he’s one of those who you love to see on your own team, but yeah I can imagine it was amusing for your fans at the end when he wasn’t as chirpy!!

As I said above, we were too sloppy in possession and never felt comfortable. How I long for our defenders to send it into row z sometimes. Fair play to Charlton, they were ruthless in the end. Some good players in your team and you should be top 8 minimum.

Hope we appeal the red. Shocking decision. Still a nice easy game on Saturday v Barnsley to look forward to.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
I thought it was a stonewall pen at the the time, need to see it back.

Terrible defending though, just caught ball watching.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
3-2 loss to Bolton this evening. Unfortunate not to come away with something, we certainly weren't outclassed but we didn't take our chances whilst Bolton were clinical with theirs so can't complain too much.

We were maybe on the wrong end of a big call in the first half, looked very much like Reid was taken out having got wrong side of his defender, he would have been one-on-one if the collision doesn't take place. Referee didn't even give a foul, if it was given then the Bolton man is sent off.

Putting that aside, we only have ourselves to blame for not getting something today. We have to be more clinical, Reid did well with his goals but has to be taking that chance he had to make it 3-3.

We've also got to be better defensively, just can't be conceding the goals we did tonight - Butler's conceded two penalties this season because of some really rash decision making, he has to look to clean that up. These errors are costing us points. For a side that offers such a threat from set plays, we really do look vulnerable defending them, Iredale can't be given the space and a free run like he was, well taken though.
Decent team Stevenage. Thompson lasted 28 mins before picking up his 8th booking in 8 games this season
Leaving himself on egg-shells for 70mins.....Evatt needs to address this
The push on Reid who was impressive was by Iredale and was crazy. And yes he could of gone
Second half we matched there physicality and got the goals at the right time. The much improved Iredale getting the second. Then a stupid penalty to concede from Jerome made it 2-2. A cross from Iredale and a goal worthy to win any match from Sheehan to make it 3-2 and the win we needed.
Get through Carlisle Saturday then re-group and get some players back.

Six points the last two games when it could have easily been two

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Terrific away win for Fleetwood, a 2nd successive win, a 2nd consecutive clean sheet, cricket heady days for the Cod Army. Long slog to keep moving up the table but the signs are looking a lot healthier. Still some key players to come back Rooney, Wiredu which can only improve the team going forward. Fair to say the new manager is making his mark

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
To be fair we had a raft of key players out as well.

Mitch Clarke our only right wing back with tonsilitis

Ethan Chislett our main play maker, we look much more dangerous with him and is a big loss at the minute.

Ryan Loft our only experienced striker.

Alex Iacovitti arguably our best centre half certainly aerially and as an attacking threat from set pieces.

Dan Jones after a serious illness which he’s just coming back from.

So we are hardly not suffering as well as Rovers in that aspect. Second half was pretty much second string once Arblaster, Devine, Cass and Plant went off.

That said I still don’t get why we play a wing back system but only have two at the club! Playing a midfielder in RWB although who tore Vale a new one first half and a right sided forward at left wing back isn’t ideal.

Good to see OVF on meltdown again tonight though. Relegation, Crosby gone at Xmas etc

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Weird old game for us. Spent the first 25 minutes or so chasing shadows, couldn’t get anywhere near Barnsley whatsoever. Their opener was well worked and well taken. Then we had a great chance, missed it and they got a lucky deflection at a corner two minutes later to go in 2-0 up. If we get to half time at 1-0 then we had a chance but 2-0 took it away from us. We even had another great chance before half time but didn’t take it again.

Second half we got going a bit more and had a strong penalty appeal turned down to everyone’s dismay. Then they went straight up the other end, ref misses a clear handball in the build up and they score to make it 3-0 with crap keeping to boot. Then the fourth was a great finish.

One of those games. No complaints, Barnsley were by far the better side going forward and we couldn’t get near them for long periods. But we missed tons of great chances tonight. Barnsley were great up top but a better side without key calls going against them gets something out of that.

We need to just write it off and focus on Burton on Monday. Those sorts of games define whether we have a decent season or not, not Barnsley on that sort of form.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United

It really is mental. It will end at some point but I do feel for you with how bad this run is. Never seen anything like it.

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Beaten ourselves, sloppy play to concede, again despite dominating the ball and tearing their left back to bits we’ve got good balls in but had no one to finish and then Jesse Debrah gets sent off and game over.

Furious with the first yellow as he doesn’t contact Collins and the referee is useless (again), Devine booked for absolutely nothing .

That said on a booking Debrah was stupid to make that challenge.

Get key players off now and focus on Saturday especially with this referee.
Those Vale boys like to blame anyone but themselves

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
This Pompey team have seriously got a set of cahones on them. I actually didn't think it was a foul on their keeper for the winner, he needs to be stronger and come and claim that properly. Thought we deserved the win overall. Wycombe well organised but didn't offer too much in attack and their goal was an absolute shitty one to concede.

Port Vale on Saturday is going to be a massive test of our squad depth. Poole and Robertson out with suspensions, Pack probably out long term and Anjorin went off with a knock too. Given how Vale have fallen off somewhat, I'm hoping we can eke out another win before the international break.

nelsonpfc

Reaction score
Supports
Pompey
This Pompey team have seriously got a set of cahones on them. I actually didn't think it was a foul on their keeper for the winner, he needs to be stronger and come and claim that properly. Thought we deserved the win overall. Wycombe well organised but didn't offer too much in attack and their goal was an absolute shitty one to concede.

Port Vale on Saturday is going to be a massive test of our squad depth. Poole and Robertson out with suspensions, Pack probably out long term and Anjorin went off with a knock too. Given how Vale have fallen off somewhat, I'm hoping we can eke out another win before the international break.
We're were missing our first choice LB, 2xCMs LW, 3rd Choice forward today, We've had a pretty torid start of the season for injuries. Lowery lasted 45 mins out for 3 months, Yengi after scoring 4 in first 3 matches out for 8 weeks with ankle ligament damage, Scully out until Jan with ligament damage in knee. Pack potentially out with Ankle ligament damage (cheers Wyke) Ogilvie pulled groin muscle. Fingers crossed for no more please

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
A really positive second half performance for us. Exeter deserved a lead and we were probably fortunate to go in level.
Two massive refereeing decisions went our way. The pen felt soft but wasn’t surprised to see it given, was definitely clumsy. Will need to see a replay of the red but he did go in recklessly with two feet, which isn’t the wisest thing to do.
A special mention to Demetri Mitchell who went all out shushing and winding up the home fans after the Exeter goal(I know it’s part of the game). He had a poor game and was awfully quiet come FT

Edit: seen a replay. Definitely not a red card
I didn't have a problem with the award of a penalty (though there appeared to be encroachment which was ignored) but the red card was awful. We have history with this ref, he apologised after awarding Cambridge a goal which knocked us out of the cup.

We would have probably lost anyway as our substitutions were poor and I think we only had one shot on target, but even so that's hard to take.

91SPP

Reaction score
Supports
Derby County
A comfortable away win against Blackpool and a very good performance - 4 wins from 5 on the road. Despite a slow start to the season, there has been some cause for optimism in the last four games for different reasons, with last night being the best of the bunch. The additions of Nyambe and Fornah have made a massive difference to us defensively and set the tone for this upswing in form. It’s night and day compared to the first month of the season to what we have now, which will be important going forward. Nyambe is only contracted until January so hopefully we get something done there to keep him for the year at least.

Cheltenham next, a team in dire form. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but seems like a good chance to run up the score a little and get the goal difference up. Hopefully a win sees us into the playoffs too.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Fair assessment. The penalty was soft but not surprised it was given as it’s always risky being so clumsy in the box. That said, we had a similar penalty shout in first half when Harper was bundled in the box, which the ref waved away. No consistency.

Mitchell is a wind up merchant and he’s one of those who you love to see on your own team, but yeah I can imagine it was amusing for your fans at the end when he wasn’t as chirpy!!

As I said above, we were too sloppy in possession and never felt comfortable. How I long for our defenders to send it into row z sometimes. Fair play to Charlton, they were ruthless in the end. Some good players in your team and you should be top 8 minimum.

Hope we appeal the red. Shocking decision. Still a nice easy game on Saturday v Barnsley to look forward to.
Exactly, we had Lyle Taylor nail the "hate him when he's not in your team" role a few seasons ago and now it looks like May can be the same.

I can kind of understand why the ref gave a red, in the real time higlights on Youtube, it does look like he's gone in two footed but the slow mo shows he kind of gets his studs in the ground and slips which is why he ends up two footed. Lucky for us. It would have been interesting to see how the game would have panned out 11vs11. That should really be rescinded but I'm not sure how much faith I have in them getting it right.

We are looking much better, so hopefully we can climb up the table but will need to sort out our away form

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!