24th September match thread

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
As Chris says, got away with that second half. Looked comfortable first half with long spells of keeping the ball but Braintree got at us after the break and looked much more likely to score.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Lincoln crumbling now and it's not even November yet. Torquay's off-pitch problems beginning to have an effect on it. Jackie McNamara must surely be gone at York now. Signs of life at Southport. Barrow going along nicely albeit have only played four of the top 10 in 12 games.
It's not called Stoptember or Sacktember around these parts for nothing!

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Lincoln crumbling now and it's not even November yet. Torquay's off-pitch problems beginning to have an effect on it. Jackie McNamara must surely be gone at York now. Signs of life at Southport. Barrow going along nicely albeit have only played four of the top 10 in 12 games.

In our 12 games so far we've played all of the top nine. How the hell we've not been cut adrift I don't know. The signs of life have come a bit earlier this season, which makes me concerned that we've peaked too soon!

The_Boss

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield FC
We've only played 2 of the current top half, though I don't know how many were when we actually played the games.

October gets a little tougher but with enough "should win" games in there to keep us in contact still.

DontBringBertie

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
As a club, I don't think we're too BBB all things considered, but Garry Hill has still taken a stab at us 'thinking we have a divine right to be in the football league' in his post-game interview. Smacks of real sour grapes, what an arsehole. Thanks for the 3 points, Garry. :2thumb:

Yeah no idea why he said that in the interview. Makes him sound like a complete tool.

We were a bit unlucky today, if we had scored the penalty to make it 3-2 it would have made for an interesting last 15 mins.

Was more of an even game than the scoreline suggests with Tranmere's clinical finishing the difference between the two sides.

Sam-Yorke and Ugwu were terrible today - would be surprised if either gets in to double figures this season.

Reactions: Boz

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Sean Raggett ‏@SeanRaggett Protected Tweets 4m4 minutes ago
Have no recollection of leaving the pitch after being knocked out today, appreciate the fans giving me the reception they did and would..

Sean Raggett ‏@SeanRaggett Protected Tweets 4m4 minutes ago
..have appreciated and responded to it if I wasn't completely out of it

Got knocked out at Tranmere as well but was able to carry on.

Glass jaw.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Yeah no idea why he said that in the interview. Makes him sound like a complete tool.

We were a bit unlucky today, if we had scored the penalty to make it 3-2 it would have made for an interesting last 15 mins.

Was more of an even game than the scoreline suggests with Tranmere's clinical finishing the difference between the two sides.

Sam-Yorke and Ugwu were terrible today - would be surprised if either gets in to double figures this season.
I wasn't there today, but that's the general consensus on our forum too - finishing was the difference. It's not often we've been able to say that!

Tranmerewhite

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
I wasn't there today, but that's the general consensus on our forum too - finishing was the difference. It's not often we've been able to say that!
It was a truly awful game but for a few flashes of quality from Norwood and Cook. 4 players out injured really seems to have disrupted the balance of the team. Need our new manager confirmed as soon as possible, ideally before the Dagenham game.

No less baffled about us signing Almond having seen him play. He won't make the 16 man squad when Kirby, Mekki and Jennings are back.

DontBringBertie

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
It was a truly awful game but for a few flashes of quality from Norwood and Cook. 4 players out injured really seems to have disrupted the balance of the team. Need our new manager confirmed as soon as possible, ideally before the Dagenham game.

No less baffled about us signing Almond having seen him play. He won't make the 16 man squad when Kirby, Mekki and Jennings are back.

Truly awful game - really?! 3-1, an open game with plenty of chances and 2 missed penalties?

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Disagree with Tranmerewhite, the game wasn't bad, end to end and plenty of chances. I thought Woking had the better of the first half, but didn't put away their opportunities. Then after Rovers had gone 2 up, we sat back and spent most of the time defending on the edge of our box until they scored. Credit to Carden for realising that Jennings lacked the stamina to play in a 2 man central midfield and changing formation. Mitch Duggan had a promising cameo and almost got on the score-sheet. Just about deserved to edge it, but not as comfy as 3-1 might suggest.

Almond was ok, no more. Tollitt had pace but woeful distribution, Stephenson, who's our own player should have started. Andy Cook MoM for clinical finishing, but thoght Norwood, even before the penalty miss, seemed out of sorts.

Good showing from Carter, Saraiva and particularly Lewis for the visitors.

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport

Don't expect consistent performances from Almomd. He does have a tendency to pretty much win a match on his own every few games, it depends on how long his bad moods last for though.

Murphy

Bloody Nice Chap
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham & Redbridge and Stephen Mulhern.
Twitter
@NickMurphy1995
Wasn't there but sounds like another deserved three points this afternoon.

Top of the league going into next week...yeeeeersh.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
no disrespect in losing to a huge club like dover.

You're at it again, none of us suggest or have doubts about are standing, equally, even though its far from pretty, we have no doubt that we will always give our all and in doing so will result wise always stand a chance of beating so called bigger clubs, and long may that continue

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Slightly perplexed by the last 3 games.

Cowley says not to look at things in isolation but as part of a long term view yet sights the Torquay game as justification for bringing Champion in and changing the way we'd been playing up to that point. Bizarre.

Personally Luke, I thought the game was okay and our performance I suppose could be described similarly, but on the day, you guys were disappointing. Certainly, and probably like you, I expected a lot more creativity and fluency.
We know what to expect at Crabble and are used to balls being lumped in the general direction of a lone striker, in this case, even though he set the second up very well, Lafayette whose general impact these past 6,7 games has bordered on the non existent, but was astonished at the equal reliance on the long ball game you showed, all up to Rhead and it was made especially confusing as there appeared there was never anyone trying to get in behind him to get onto the flick on's he was invariably winning.
So reliant did the Cowleys appear to be in stopping Miller by fair means or foul it seemed to muddle whatever game plan they had, something my friends and I struggled to identify. As for doing their homework, they obviously didn't do it well enough as they would have realised we don't actually play with three forwards, we play 5-4-1 with the two wide men expected to get up and support the lone striker which, after seeing Moses and particularly Miller playing as extra full backs for half the game is really pissing many off more and more with every game that passes, because you were there for the taking yesterday :crazy:
The same could be said for Bonne who for a forward also spent far too much time in is own half, when will managers learn. Stop trying to ensure you don't lose, and as best you can go out and try to win the bloody game
You mention Champion, I thought had a half decent game yesterday, certainly got stuck in enough, but like us, too many times the midfield were almost redundant but I think we can at least claim that any football that was played was carried out by people in white shirts, like the second goal for example.
Just hope Raggs is okay as no one likes to see players go off like that?

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Grimes undoubtedly my MOM yesterday bt:bg:w, maybe that why they took Rhead off?

Reaction score
Supports
Gateshead
Not how I saw it at all. Even at 2-0 we were conceding Gateshead chances and two free headers could, and should have been put away. We were far too sloppy at the back, how many corners did were concede second half, 10-12 at least? Along with the chances we gave away first half including the glaring 1 on 1 York bottled, Gateshead were unlucky not to get something from the game. Iffy's goal was sublime, granted, but the penalty was a gift because McClure was going nowhere and the defender didn't need to make the challenge and the third was a break when they pushed everyone up.

For what it's worth, I though Gateshead were the best side we've played so far, strong, well organised, but lacking a finisher. I do wonder just how good a side they would be with Bowman still there, I'm betting if he had played today we wouldn't have won 3-0.

Reaction score
Supports
Gateshead
Not how I saw it at all. Even at 2-0 we were conceding Gateshead chances and two free headers could, and should have been put away. We were far too sloppy at the back, how many corners did were concede second half, 10-12 at least? Along with the chances we gave away first half including the glaring 1 on 1 York bottled, Gateshead were unlucky not to get something from the game. Iffy's goal was sublime, granted, but the penalty was a gift because McClure was going nowhere and the defender didn't need to make the challenge and the third was a break when they pushed everyone up.

For what it's worth, I though Gateshead were the best side we've played so far, strong, well organised, but lacking a finisher. I do wonder just how good a side they would be with Bowman still there, I'm betting if he had played today we wouldn't have won 3-0.
Good post slaphead, was there myself yesterday, thought shots were clinical in front of goal and Alan's first was a peach, but match could have easily finished 3 3 bad finishing , and Danny Johnson and styth, could be a long hard season

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Personally Luke, I thought the game was okay and our performance I suppose could be described similarly, but on the day, you guys were disappointing. Certainly, and probably like you, I expected a lot more creativity and fluency.
We know what to expect at Crabble and are used to balls being lumped in the general direction of a lone striker, in this case, even though he set the second up very well, Lafayette whose general impact these past 6,7 games has bordered on the non existent, but was astonished at the equal reliance on the long ball game you showed, all up to Rhead and it was made especially confusing as there appeared there was never anyone trying to get in behind him to get onto the flick on's he was invariably winning.
So reliant did the Cowleys appear to be in stopping Miller by fair means or foul it seemed to muddle whatever game plan they had, something my friends and I struggled to identify. As for doing their homework, they obviously didn't do it well enough as they would have realised we don't actually play with three forwards, we play 5-4-1 with the two wide men expected to get up and support the lone striker which, after seeing Moses and particularly Miller playing as extra full backs for half the game is really pissing many off more and more with every game that passes, because you were there for the taking yesterday :crazy:
The same could be said for Bonne who for a forward also spent far too much time in is own half, when will managers learn. Stop trying to ensure you don't lose, and as best you can go out and try to win the bloody game
You mention Champion, I thought had a half decent game yesterday, certainly got stuck in enough, but like us, too many times the midfield were almost redundant but I think we can at least claim that any football that was played was carried out by people in white shirts, like the second goal for example.
Just hope Raggs is okay as no one likes to see players go off like that?
Unbelieveble that you're complaining after that result and performance. Beggars belief. Are you the nutjob on our forum the other week calling for Kinnear to be sacked?

Eastleigh Fan

Reaction score
Supports
Eastleigh
We were poor yesterday, but sneaked a win against Sutton. 2-0 up and seemingly cruising we let them get a foothold in the game and when they made it 2-1 with 10 mins to go it was all them until the final whistle. They then miss a penalty (our debut keeper saved it) on 85 mins & we were relieved in the end to hear the final whistle. Quite impressed with Sutton football, but they looked toothless upfront.

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Kinnear for tranmere if ya dont want him lads
We want him. Some Dover supporters live on cloud cuckoo land. Bloke next to me yesterday was complaining endlessly about Miller missing a "sitter" which was a first time shot coming at him with pace from 20 yards out. The same bloke said we should sack Kinnear and replace him with Still (?!). Morons

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
Another 3 points on the board almost close to our entire tally from last season.

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Unbelieveble that you're complaining after that result and performance. Beggars belief. Are you the nutjob on our forum the other week calling for Kinnear to be sacked?

You sound like a Dover Forum contributor my friend !

Unbelievable-beggars belief. What is, why, simply because you say so. You're not "thestreetentertainer" in disguise are you?

I have never complained about what was a great result, simply pointed out that Lincoln on the day were poor (please argue that one out) and though we thoroughly deserved the win, to me, effort out of the equation because it is a trait for all CK teams and is rarely questioned, we just played okay. If that means my comments beggar belief, then so be it. Some may argue if you play okay and still win against one of the league favourites it actually augurs well. Not you though apparently

Oh by the way, whilst as a whites fan I read it, I don't go on the Dover Forum at all, well not for years anyway,simply because there are too many sycophants on there who just for stepping away from the status quo will bombard you with how everything in the Garden is Rosy, so no I wasn't, the 'nutjob' you refer to.
However, I really do think you should take off you rose tinted specs and read other posts properly when doing so, because regardless of the asylum he sneaked out is, all he was doing if memory serves was asking the question "Has Kinnear taken us as far as he can?" and did so, unlike yesterday when we played okay worked our balls off and got a great result, we had been beaten by D&R which 'WAS' one of the most pitiful displays in years...ooops shit. I can't say that can I?

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Another 3 points on the board almost close to our entire tally from last season.

Have to say though John, you and FGR do look head and shoulders above any team seen thus far, a similar battle to last year me thinks with |FGR and Cheltenham. The much harder question and one I wouldn't want to take a punt on is who will join you two in the top five come May, it's very open isn't it. But coming forward you do have some very tricky players, plus like Lincoln for some reason you seem to be getting endless penalties which always help, what is it now for the pair of you 5,6 each?

A lot of pens after just 12 games.....any teams out there who haven't had any?

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
We have had a few pens now, we have some very tricky players and the defenders are just not good enough. I don't think we can hold on up the top the like of FGR and Eastleigh have much bigger squads. Tough run of games coming up now. I'm surprised at how poor some of the teams are specially at the bottom standard is a lot worse then there last time we were here.

The Jovial Forester

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
All of our penalties have been straight forward decisions in terms of the foul, but two (Woking away and the first at home against Southport) were probably outside the box.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Sounds like we're going to appeal Nathan Ralph's red card from yesterday. Another classic case of the 'unpopular' part-timers getting reffed out by the National League.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Sounds like we're going to appeal Nathan Ralph's red card from yesterday. Another classic case of the 'unpopular' part-timers getting reffed out by the National League.
I'd have thought under current guidance,as there was a genuine, if clumsy, attempt to get the ball, an appeal would succeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terrier17
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!